top of page
Open Workspace

Substance Use Disorder Questions and Answers

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. ​Do you offer DV classes? Perpetrators or Victims? Domestic Violence groups are available for victims of domestic violence.

  2. Do you offer Prime for Life?  We do not offer Prime for Life Classes but there are other community agencies who do offer this class.

  3. Do you offer MRT classes? MRT groups may be available as part of your treatment plan. A screening and clinical assessment by a licensed clinician will determine whether MRT is a group that is a good fit for you.

  4. What Medicaid do you accept?  Weber Human Services accepts all TAM, Medicaid Expansion, and Traditional Medicaid Weber and Morgan County residents.

  5. How long does the evaluation take?  The evaluation will be completed with a licensed clinician in two 1-hour individual sessions.

  6. Do you offer funding for sober living?  Sober Living is available for individuals participating in substance treatment at Weber Human Services.

  7. Do you offer inpatient treatment?  We offer residential treatment for men and women. We do not provide inpatient treatment as we are not part of a hospital setting.

  8. How do you get enrolled in parenting classes?  There are parenting classes available with the Prevention Department.

  9. Can I schedule an intake for my friend/spouse?  Due to privacy, the person who is needing the intake will need to schedule the appointment. As long as the person agrees, you are welcome to assist your loved one with making the call for an appointment or attending the appointment with them.

  10. Can I pay out of pocket for services if I do not have Medicaid?  Treatment for substance use disorders can be provided based on a sliding fee scale if you are not eligible for Medicaid.

  11. If I have Medicaid, do I still need to do therapy and classes if I just want MAT?  Individual and group treatment are required as part of your treatment plan with Medication Assisted Treatment.

  12. Do you have residential treatment?  There are two residential treatment centers to treat substance use disorders. Stepping Stones is a men’s residential treatment program and Tranquility Home is a Women’s and Children’s residential treatment program. These services may be available depending on funding.

  13. Do you help with housing?  Weber Human Services does not provide housing. As a client of Weber Human Services, you may have a case manager who can assist you with locating housing resources including possible funding.

  14. Do you take private insurance?  WHS is part of some private insurance panels. Please call us for additional information.

bottom of page